We stayed at the Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside from November 9-12, 2018 over the Remembrance Day long weekend here in Canada. We wanted a romantic long-weekend getaway that didn’t require a lengthy drive yet would provide us with that get-away feeling. We booked through Hotels.com. I really like their rewards structure, especially the free stay after 10 nights!
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these company and its products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Whistler is a great destination in November. Whistler makes great efforts to ensure that there’s a lot going on for pre-ski season guests.
The Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside is located steps from the Gondolas for both Whistler and Blackcomb. The Valley Trails are a 2 minute walk and Whistler Olympic Plaza is 7 minutes away. The hotel offers studio rooms and suites. Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub is on site and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as lively nightly entertainment.
We booked an upper-floor studio suite, which featured a kitchen, separate living and dining areas, a fireplace and a Queen-sized Murphy bed.
There was a great view from our window across to the mountain!
- GREAT LOCATION: Probably the best location in the village, steps from the Whistler Gondola and close to everything the village has to offer.
- Dubh Linn Gate Pub: breakfast here was excellent. Ross loved the Traditional Fry Up, complete with black pudding and I thought the Harvest Hash was very tasty.
- Easy to access underground PARKING, an extra $28/day.
- NEEDS AN UPGRADE: the interiors look a bit dated and there were some visible signs of wear and tear in the public areas and rooms. The hotel is showing its age.
- POOR MATTRESS: our studio suite Murphy bed had an extremely uncomfortable mattress, possibly the worst we’ve ever experienced in a hotel – uneven, lumpy and hard. After the first night hotel staff placed a board under the mattress for us, and it was more even thereafter, but twice as hard. After the second night, we were moved to a 1-bed suite, where the mattress was great.
- HOT TUBS CLOSED: both hot tubs were closed for re-tiling during our visit. Although we were invited to use the facilities at the nearby Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre, we would have appreciated advance notice of this closure.
- Get to the Dubh Linn Gate pub early in the evenings if you want a seat. There was wonderful Celtic music on offer and a buzzy atmosphere.
- Phone the hotel in advance to ensure all facilities will be available for your stay.
- If something isn’t to your satisfaction, politely let the front desk staff know. They were very willing to help us with our mattress problem, and we really appreciated it!
- Use your credit card miles and points to reduce your hotel bill! We used a Hotels.com gift card obtained via a sign-up bonus for the RBC Avion Visa Infinite. Watch for periodic bonus periods and get 30% more! I used 25,000 Avion and bought a Hotels.com gift card valued at $325. Very helpful in defraying the costs of a low-season getaway!
We rate our stay at the Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside at 3.5/5 stars. We loved the central location and the on-site pub, but I don’t think we’ll be staying here again until we can be assured of a comfortable bed. Maybe after a renovation?
Our next Whistler getaway will be at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler – soon! What’s your favourite hotel? Let me know in the comments!
Pin it for Later!