We stayed at the Best Western Plus in Merritt, British Columbia twice this year – once in August and once in September. We liked it so much we couldn’t stay away! On both visits we were on motorcycle trips and needed a central and easily accessible location from which to come and go. This hotel really worked for us.
All About Merritt
Merritt, British Columbia is located 271 kilometres (168 miles) northeast of Vancouver in the heart of the Nicola Valley. The population is approximately 8000, and it’s the commercial centre of the area. The Nicola Valley is also home to a number of First Nations including the Upper and Lower Nicola Indian Bands. Europeans settled in the area in the mid-1800’s.
We chose to stay overnight in Merritt because it was the perfect mid-way point in our ride from Vancouver. There are quite a few great motorcycling roads in and around the area. We particularly enjoy the route from Pemberton to Lillooet via the Duffy Lake Road! If you’re a motorcyclist riding in the Vancouver area, Duffy Lake Road is definitely a must-do! I love riding these roads on my Triumph Trophy. Great twisties and lots of wide sweepers!
On these weekends in August and September, we enjoyed the route so much we rode the same route twice but reversed it on the second weekend!
Best Western Plus Merritt
The Best Western Plus in Merritt is a new 83-room hotel, and is Merritt’s largest hotel. It offers a complimentary full breakfast, fitness ce ntre, pool and hot tub, guest laundry and meeting room. There are also electric vehicle charging stations. High speed internet is complimentary as well.
I have Platinum status with Best Western as Best Western status-matches with SPG/Marriott. When we checked in they were pleased to provide us with a room upgrade to a great room with a huge balcony overlooking the nearby mountains.
- Central location: easy to get to and from several of the main highways going into and out of Merritt
- Nearby restaurant: Boston Pizza – great for riders hungry after a long day on the bike and within easy walking distance!
- Great pool and hot tub. We really enjoyed this amenity and it was impeccably clean
- Tasty free breakfast! There was a wide variety of choices including sausage, eggs, waffles, different breads and bagels, muffins and fruit.
- Beautiful lobby area with comfortable sofas and chairs
- New hotel with up to date décor – very clean and comfortable.
- Only one restaurant within walking distance
- A bit of highway noise
- Book early as this hotel is popular with tourists and business people
- Motorcycles can park directly in front of the hotel, under the large awning
- Join the Best Western loyalty program for points towards your next stay
- Book using Hotels.com for great bonuses
We rate our stay at the Best Western Plus in Merritt as 4.5/5 stars. We loved the hotel amenities, the comfortable room, the free breakfast, and the clean and beautiful hotel décor. We’ll definitely be staying here again!
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these companies and products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.